Sunday, May 4, 2008

Are laws meant to be broken?

In another 12 years' time Malaysia would be a developed nation. As a citizen of the country, I should be very proud but I am not.

Having a developed country status will not amount to nothing if the citizens are not willing to change our mindsets to respect the laws of the country instead of breaching them.

This afternoon my wife and I and together with two other friends decided to go Dong Dong Restaurant or Acta Restaurant in Taman Desa Jaya for our lunch after our church service. By the way, Dong Dong (affectionately known to us) serves fairly good Fish Head Meehoon at about RM6.00 per bowl. Why don't you taste it for yourselves and give me the feedback.

As my friend was looking for a place to park his car, to my horror a car (I can't remember the model now but I know it as a big car) with the registration number: WQG 9455 was parked right at the junction. To me, this is a public display of arrogance with absolutely no regard for the traffic law in place. I just wondered how he could justify for his action! No available parking places? Not so. There were so many places to choose from. Most probably that was the most convenient place to park his big car. Malaysia boleh again...right? Will Malaysians ever change?

Perhaps when 1 January 2020 dawns, such people could have changed for the better, hopefully. Meanwhile shame on them who subscribe to the thinking that laws are meant to be broken, not to abide with.

No comments: