Sunday, April 13, 2008

How to help a friend in need?

I am of the opinion that friends do not come by accidents. As I walk through life, many people will become relevant to me, either because we are of like character or we share some passions in common. One of these friends is Tony Wong Kok Sack who is six years younger than me. Tony and I have served in the same community Bandar Sri Damansara and we were "active" (active is a relative term which is highly subjective and very disputable) in the BSDRA for some years.

Last year he was diagnosed to have lung cancer and needed immediate treatment. He had his initial treatment at the University Hospital UMCC under a chest physician but now he is receiving treatment from an oncologist. My friends and I are concerned with the high cost of "chemotherapy" treatments. He has to undergo three such treatments at a relative cost of RM8,000.00 per session.

The issue at hand: How can we help a friend in need?

No comments: