Sunday, April 13, 2008

When will all these irresponsible actions stop?

I have been staying in Bandar Sri Damansara since 1994. My family and I are proud to be residents of this township we can claim to be our own. This beautiful township has provided for all of us homes in the midst of nature. I was very elated when I saw some bushy squirrels visiting our home one morning. However I have my set of regrets!

Our beautiful township has been invaded by unsightly posters which are mainly for the purpose of advertisements. You can find them on trees, street poles, street signs, etc. No places are spared of these invasions! I just removed a poster pasted on the street pole in front of my home. I just can't stomach this nonsense anymore.

Why are these people so bold? The advertisements always carry the contact numbers of the advertisers but the authorities concerned are turning a blind eye to these eye sores. To a certain extent, this could rationalize such inundations which are deemed to be "permitted" by the local authorities.

The local government must therefore take a firm step to put these issues to rest once and for all. The well meaning business community has to take a positive approach to make known their products and services in a more holistic manner. Just take a look at Kepong Info or Media Focus which are delivered at our door steps and you will surely know what I mean.

Syabas to the people behind www.keponginfo.com.my and www.mediafocus1999.com/www.mf-99.com.

No comments: