Sunday, April 13, 2008

Salbina binti Mohd Salleh - an old colleague and a very trusted assistant

It was great for me to re-establish contact with Cik Salbina binti Mohd Salleh about a month ago.

One afternoon my mind went back to the days when I served in BMD (Bahagian Memproses Data) in the Department of Statistics. I always remember with gratitude the staff who were with me. The first few names which came to me are Salbina, Aishah, Azizah and Maggiline. There are still many others who were really good and able assistants and staff of mine.

This was what I did! I keyed in Salbina's full name using google search and sure enough her name appeared under JPNIN. Salbina is no longer serving in Stats. but now in Jabatan Perpaduan Negara & Integrasi Nasional under Kementerian Perpaduan, Kebudayaan, Kesenian dan Warisan. Wherever she serves, Salbina would an asset to the department concerned.

I will always remember and treasure her contributions to me as her immediate "boss" and to the Department of Statistics in general. I note with fondness how our operations manuals were properly documented and arranged in manners for easy retrieval. Even exceptional notes for trouble shootings had been included. All thanks and credits must be due to Salbina. Thank you again Salbina for the jobs very well done. You truly deserved the credit and it must take a person who had been in the thick of things to recognize and really appreciate what you have done.

Well done Salbina...all the very best in your future endeavours!!!

No comments: